Northern Rivers Rail Trail
Posted: 14th March 2023
The Northern Rivers Rail Trail is open!
Grab your bike, scooter, wheelchair, run, walk or meander this gorgeous new attraction in the Tweed.
Starting at Murwillumbah Railway station, the Northern Rivers rail trail is 24kms of gravel and asphalt track that travels through to Crabbes Creek station (with the intent to go all the way to Casino when it’s finished).
The highlights of the Rail Trail is the stunning scenery that unfolds before you at every turn. Wind your way through 26 bridges and 2 tunnels, through rainforests, past rolling hills, sugar cane fields, and alongside the sparkling Tweed River.
Points of Interest on the way:
- Visit Tweed Regional Gallery aisit Tweed Regional Gallery and Margaret Olley Art Center (Near Murwillumbah)
- Pitstop at Hosanna farm stay in Stokers Siding and do a tractor tour, or pat the baby piglets.
- Stop in at Tweed Valley Farmhouse and enjoy a cheeseboard, or gelato made fresh from the farm.
- Take a breather at MooBall roadhouse for some lunch and a black and white cow-print inspired photo.
- Or simply pack your own picnic and rug, and enjoy a break along the way (but be sure to take your rubbish with you when you leave).
Distances for the Northern Rivers Rail Trail segments: