School Holiday Fun on the Gold Coast!
It’s impossible not to have School Holiday fun on the Gold Coast!
With so many options to explore our incredible nature (beaches, rainforests, wildlife) as well as indoor options (just in case it rains!), there is so much to be doing and exploring on our stunning Gold Coast.
So, we’ve done some of the ground work and put together a list of our top 10 things to do on the Gold Coast these School Holidays!
Need somewhere to stay? These properties are still available for the coming School Holidays >>>
1. Visit Dreamworld, Australia’s largest theme park! And ride ALL the rides! Featuring several theme areas, the park is a popular school holiday attraction, especially for families, and includes water rides, roller coasters, a wildlife experience, and plenty of large-than-life characters. Choose between 1-, 3-, and 7-day ticket packages. Plus, the park offers dining options fit for a range of diets, including gluten free, dairy free, and vegetarian.
2. Meet Australia’s cuddliest (and not so cuddly) critters at the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. Explore this iconic Gold Coast Wildlife Sanctuary. Immerse yourself into the wonder and natural beauty of 27 hectares of Currumbin rainforest, wandering through open animal enclosures, feeding kangaroos and cuddling koalas along the way.
3. Get a bird’s-eye perspective of the magnificent Gold Coast from SkyPoint Observation Deck — the only coastal observation deck in Australia! See the Gold Coast from a different point of view on the 77th floor of the Q1 Tower. Ride in one of the world’s fastest elevators up to the 77th floor, where you can take in panoramic views of the ocean, beach and hinterland.
4. Timezone – Coolangatta! (especially if it’s raining!) The 3000 square metre entertainment centre features full size bowling lanes, classic favourites such as dodgem cars and laser skirmish, plus 200 of the latest and most popular games and attractions!
5. Movies, The Strand – Coolangatta! (especially if it’s raining!) Coolangatta Cinemas is a 6 Cinema complex screening the latest movies and Events in 2D and 3D. Click here for the bowling and movie pack!
6. Night Quarter Night Markets! Just off the highway at Helensvale you will find Gold Coast’s creative playground, NightQuarter, which features night markets, micro-restaurants, and a unique live music space called The Paddock. Every Friday and Saturday 4pm – 10pm.
7. School Holidays Activity Programs! During the school holidays the Gold Coast Recreation Centre will be running full day (6 hour) and half day (3 hour) activity programs for children eight years and over. Parents and families welcome. Activities include Abseiling and Quick Jumps, Canoe to David Fleay Wildlife Park, Caving, Giant Swing, High Ropes, Straight Up and more. Details >
8. Beaches! Our beach days are what dreams are made of, and with around 70 kilometres of jaw-dropping coastline dotted with family-friendly spots, it doesn’t much better! Grab your beach towels, slap on the sunscreen, throw your water bottles in a bag and head to any one of the gorgeous beaches on the Southern GC. Just be sure to choose a guarded beach for the best beach safety with the kids.
9. O’Reilly’s Rainforest Walk is nestled high within a World Heritage-listed National Park. Stroll along nine suspension bridges for 180 metres at approximately 15 metres above the rainforest floor. Walk through the cool canopy of flowering and fruiting trees covered by vines and climb to the two observation decks constructed high in a Strangler Fig – the highest one being 30 metres (approximately 110 feet) above the ground.
10. Currumbin Rock Pools are secret swimming holes (shhhhhhhh), a mere fifteen minute drive from Currumbin Beach, and are popular with locals and those who take the time to seek out this little treasure. The drive alone is worth the trip as Currumbin Creek Road follows the creek inland through the lovely, lush Currumbin Valley.
And this is just a sneak peak of what’s on offer when you come to stay and play for family fun on the Gold Coast!
We look forward to welcoming you soon!