Top tips for travelling with dogs
Travelling with your fur baby can be super fun and super challenging at the same time!
Here are a few top tips when bringing your furry friend on holidays…
- Make sure you pack your dog’s lead, collar and ID tag. If you dog was to get loose close to home – that’s bad, but if they were to get loose far from home, in an unfamiliar place without ID – that’s really bad!
- Make sure to pack enough of your dog’s favourite food, along with their usual bowls, toys, bed and bedding. Change of routine can sometimes upset your dog, so keep as many familiar things as possible for them!
- Pack old towels and waste bags– old towels are perfect for cleaning wet, muddy or sandy dogs! Waste bags are an unpleasant necessity for all dog owners!
- Ensure your dog is restrained when driving using a crate, harness or barrier
- Tell your vet that you are going on holidays and check if they recommend anything for your dog prior to leaving
- Make sure your dog is not left in the property alone. Even though they may not be a chewer or barker at home, being in an unfamiliar spot may bring out new habits, which could prove very costly!
- Keep your dog off the beds and furniture. Although they might be allowed at home, this is someone else’s home and respect and consideration must be shown
We love our fur babies here at Gold Coast Holiday Homes and we love to welcome yours!
Our portfolio of Pet Friendly properties continues to grow, you can view them all here
We look forward to welcoming you and your fur baby!