Cooly Rocks On Festival 2023!
From the 7th to the 11th of June 2023, Coolangatta is revving its engines up again for the ‘Cooly Rocks On Festival’ to celebrate all things retro!!
This event celebrates the bygone era of the 50s, 60s and 70s and is one of the most fun festivals on the Gold Coast that appeals to all ages. Best of all, many of the events are FREE and open to the general public.
You’ll have the opportunity to dance the night away to classic hits from the 50s, 60s, and 70’s (including an Elvis tribute contest), see some of the most stunning classic cars and hot rods around, and marvel at the fashion of the pin-up pageant. There are also plenty of food stalls and vendors selling everything from vintage clothing to retro souvenirs.
5 days of entertainment includes:
- ‘Show n Shine’ – Over 900 classic cars, hot rods, lowriders & more.
- The Ultimate Elvis Tribute artist contest (one of only 10 recognised by Elvis Priestley enterprises).
- A massive line up of bands with live music performances covering 50s, 60s and 70s style music.
- A pin-up style fashion pageant
- Food vendors, market stalls and more!
‘Cooly Rocks On’ events are mostly free, however, there are some special ticketed events with VIP access to really immerse yourself in the experiences.
- Moonlight Swing Dance
- The Australian Beach Boys show
- Up close tickets to the cars in ‘Show n Shine’
- The Balter Brew Car Run.
- Ultimate Elvis Tribute show and more.
Tickets can be purchased on the Cooly Rocks on page here.
Gold Coast Holiday Homes offers the perfect Coolangatta locations so you can enjoy ‘Cooly Rocks On’ on your doorstep.
Accommodation is in high demand for this period, and is filling fast so be sure to get in quickly. Many of our properties are right in the heart of the action.