Experience the Northern Rivers
When was the last time you crossed the Gold Coast border into Northern NSW?
The Northern Rivers is a secret hub gaining popularity for people of all ages, all within 15-20 minutes of the border.
Boasting some of Australia’s most beautiful (and uncrowded) beaches, with Cabarita Beach taking out the Top Spot in 2020.
Gold Coast Holiday Homes can also host your next holiday! Pop over and see what all the fuss is about…
Things to do for Families:
- Explore Tropical Fruit World –With exotic fruit tasting, tractor rides, animal feeding, boat rides, garden games and more. People of all ages will find this interactive farm tour entertaining.
- Hosanna farmstay – Escape the stress of life in the city and enjoy swimming (in the dam), feeding pigs pumpkins, and milking cows.
- Ride your bike along the Northern Rivers Rail Trail for a fantastic family day out. With trail running from Murwillumbah to Crabbes creek and lots of food and entertainment stops on the way.
- Swim and chill in Cudgen Creek or Hastings Point Creek. Free entertainment out in nature is always fun.
Things to do for Adventure seekers
- Conquer UKI’s new Bike Mountain Trail. With 8 mountain bike trails from beginner to expert level. And a pump bike track suited to kids aged (5-12).
- Visit the kite loft. Australia’s newest kitesurfing retail shop with HydroFoils, surfboards, and kite surfing equipment. The beautiful bays and windy conditions in Spring always make kitesurfing a fun option for those who dare.
- Whale watching from Autumn to Spring & snorkel with turtles around Cook island. Use Cooly Eco Adventures and Use code: TURTLEISLAND for 10% off.
Things to Do for Dog lovers:
- Enjoy kilometers of uncrowded dog beaches from Fingal to Kingscliff to Salt to Cabarita, and Hastings Point.
- Brew & Bake in Kingscliff offer lots of tasty baked treats for you, and you doggo doesn’t have to miss out with freshly baked dog treats on site.
Things to Do for Nature lovers
- Snorkel and Relax in the clear blue waters at Cudgen Creek.
- Find a bush walk near Murwillumbah with amazing views of Mount Warning.
- Minyon Falls
Things to Do for the ‘Foodies’
- Potager in Carool: The most awarded restaurant in the Northern Rivers Potager is recognised among the best in Australia and voted silver in 2023 Readers Choice awards. Modern Australian.
- Flutterbies Café: Experience High Tea held in their exquisite tea room, amidst fresh rose petals, vintage lace, and fine floral china. The three-tiered high tea stand comes brimming with delectable house made sweets and warm savoury items.
- Cubby Bakehouse: Having been completely flooded in the 2022 floods, this little bakery has bounced back and serves some of the most delicious cakes and baked goods you’ve ever tried. Trust us! It’s worth a trip.
- Husk Distillers ‘Creators of the famous Ink Gin’ is pioneering Australia’s only virgin cane rum from paddock to bottle on their family farm in Tumbulgum. Along with fabulous food enjoy, garden games, a large grassy area for the kids to play, cows to feed, and a gin tour. Husk is the ‘place to be’ this summer.
- Earth Beer Company Brewery: Enjoy a locally brewed cold beer in a cool shack on a farm in Cudgen. Food trucks and music, Open Fridays & Weekends.